Tuesday, January 14, 2014

To the old, I'm back! To the new, welcome to my blog!

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Shariyf, Mai's husband (Mai to the Extreme), and the author of the deactivated blog: 1 Family 2 Wives.

In this blog, I'd like to share with you some things I've seen over the last 4 decades, discuss tough issues like the elephant in the room, seek your advise, and help one another grow.

First and foremost, everyone should know that I'm not a student of knowledge in the traditional sense. By that I mean, I'm not a student at the University of Madinah. However, I regularly have classes and discussions with the students from the university, and we advise one another on various issues.

I've had the privilege of learning from many life experiences...such as...my family, Brandywine Judo School, the US Marine Corps, acquiring a class "A" commercial driver's license, being so poor I couldn't eat everyday, building houses, being a mail carrier for the US Postal Service, traveling to and or living in Canada, Egypt, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Tunisia, Greece, Bahrain, the UK, Turkey, Jordan, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, and Syria, obtaining 4 degrees, monogamy & polygyny, fathering 7 children (yes, I was married and their mothers are Muslim), homeschooling, marriage & divorce, teaching at the high school and university levels, thesis advising for Masters degree students at the Islamic University of Madinah, being the CEO of Healing Earth LLC, Permaculture, and the wisdom of my wife Mai.

The experiences listed above, and many more have taught me that I don't know everything, in fact, I know very little, but those experiences have given me insight into many issues.

I look forward to stimulating discussions. Barak Allahu feekum.

1 comment:

  1. Why did you deactivate the 1 family 2 wives blog? I read one post on Aussie Muslims and I think the blog would be a fantastic resource for my husband and I if he decides to venture into the world of polygamy again. Would you ever consider reactivating it?

    ReplyDelete